Looking elegant with a hint of sultry edge, Grammy Presenter Anna Kendrick stepped out onto the 56th Grammy Awards red carpet. Her hair was fabulously styled by Craig Gangi, using nothing other than Garnier hair products. And, her beautiful face was done up to perfection by Vanessa Scali with luscious makeup by Maybelline New York. She looked fabulous.
Craig Gangi talked about his inspiration for creating Anna’s look with Garnier, “Anna wore a silver Azzaro dress that was sleek and structured. Therefore, I wanted to compliment the dress with a soft, Veronica Lake-inspired hairdo,” said celebrity hairstylist Craig Gangi for Garnier. “But because it was the Grammys, we gave it a slight edge, tightly pulling up the right side for a modern, sleek look.”
To complement Kendrick’s stunning silver Azzaro dress and side-swept hair, Vanessa Scali created a makeup look featuring smoky, sultry eyes and effortless skin. To achieve this look, she used cream shadows, which look very modern on the skin and have a slight transparency, adding shape and drama. Additionally, a sheer, vibrant color on the cheeks and a rose/nude lip complimented Kendrick’s eyes, without competing with them. “Anna’s smoky eyes gave her look a little edge. Keeping the rest of her face effortless made this a very pretty and wearable look,” Scali said as she spoke about her inspiration and process. Kendrick looked fabulous and you can get her look too!
Get the Look!
Hair Breakdown by Craig Gangi for Garnier
Since Kendrick’s hair is naturally very curly and voluminous, Gangi started by applying Garnier Fructis Style Curl Calm Down Anti-Frizz Cream to Anna’s wet hair to tame the volume and eliminate frizz. He then blow-dried her hair very smooth.
Next, Cangi lightly sprayed Kendrick’s hair with Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector Straightening Balm to protect from heat and add shine. Then, he thermal set her hair and after letting cool down, brushed it out and tightly pulled it back to one side.
Gangi then applied the tiniest drop of Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Sleek Finish 5-in-1 Serum Spray into his hands and smoothed over her hair for incredible shine. To complete the look, Garnier Fructis StyleExtreme Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray was used to set the look and provide firm hold and repel moisture for a look that will last all-night.
Makeup Breakdown by Vanessa Scali for Maybelline New York
- Foundation: To create Kendrick’s effortless skin, Scali began by applying Garnier Ultra-Lift Transformer Anti-Age Skin Corrector (Release Date: February 2014) mixed with Maybelline New York Fit Me Foundation to provide hydration and give the skin a soft, luminous glow. Scali swiped this combination along the bridge of Kendrick’s nose, cheeks, chin and forehead, using her fingers to blend the color to the outer edges of her face.
- Concealer: Scali used Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer under Kendrick’s eyes and on the inner hollow of the nose, just beside the inner corner of her eyes.
- Powder: Scali applied Maybelline New York Dream Wonder Powder on Kendrick, focusing specifically on her T-Zone.
Scali applied Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Glaze in Pink Fever. Smooth and sheer, this vibrant wash of color makes the skin look fresh and lit from within.
- Eye Shadow: Scali applied Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded from the lash line to the brow bone, and under the lower lashes in the inside corners of the eyes, brightening them in a soft and sexy way. She then applied Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal in Bad to the Bronze; starting in the middle of the lid, extending out and beyond the natural eye, and then wrapping under the bottom lashes.
- Eyeliner: For extra depth and definition, Scali layered Maybelline New York Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Blackest Black to the base of the lashes. She then curled Kendrick’s lashes and liberally applied two coats of Maybelline New York Falsies Big Eyes Mascara in Very Black to the top lashes, and one coat to the bottom.
To keep Kendrick’s eyes the center focus, Scali applied a light coat of Maybelline New York Color Elixir Lip Color in Rose Redefined for the finishing touch.
The Nail Looks from the 56th Annual Grammy Awards
From Grammy Award winner, Kacey Musgraves, to Presenter, Anna Kendrick, essie once again delivers must-have, red-carpet nail polish looks.
Inspiration: “Kacey’s youthful, but vibrant manicure was the perfect complement to her pink, sleeveless, tulle gown by Armani Prive, said celebrity manicurist, Kimmie Kyees. “We layered essie’s warm and toasty turtleneck with a coat of good as gold that perfectly picked up the elegant sparkle in her dress.”
Inspiration: “We created a modern take on the French manicure using essie’s chinchilly – the perfect grey – tipped with essie’s ignite the night from the encrusted collection for a hint of sparkle and dimension,” said celebrity manicurist, Lisa Postma. “The final look was elegant, but fun; the perfect look for the Grammy Awards!