Here it is, the inside scoop on Kerry Washington’s gorgeous Emmy’s Hair! Celebrity hairstylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew shared her behind-the-scene how-to for Kerry Washington’s voluminous, textured look from tonight’s Emmy’s red carpet with the help of Goody.
“My inspiration was her baby bump. I still wanted to keep her look modern and fresh even though she’s expecting. When it came to styling her hair it was all about the cut outs, and her baby bump. I really wanted the hair to stand out that’s why I styled it with a lot of texture but still show her face with a middle part.”
For you, Takisha laid out just how to create Kerry’s relaxed, textured look:
1. Air dry hair to let your natural texture shine. Add volume and make the hair swell with a blast of medium heat from blow dryer
2. Create a sleek center part using a Goody Mosaic Comb
3. For added texture with volume (if needed) start from the back and clip in hair extension (like TSD Hair Extensions) working way to the top for length and volume
4. Use a small wand to curl select pieces all around the head
5. Finish by softly brushing out the hair with Goody Clean Radiance Paddle Brush and comb – this gives the hair that undone textured look and pumps up the volume.
Takisha spoke of her initial inspiration for the beautiful and brilliant Mrs. Washington by sharing, “from the moment I saw Kerry’s Brandon Maxwell dress. I felt the dress was minimal, yet still edgy with the peek a boo cut outs. I instantly thought big, natural textured hair will keep it fresh, modern, and soft.
Lastly, look at the texture in her hair and how well the TSD Hair Extensions blend so well with her own hair. It’s all about choosing the right texture. Also the volume in her hair is a great balance with this Brandon Maxwell dress and her baby bump.”
We’d love to see how you make this look your own! Be sure to tag us on your Insta pic! #LaLaScoop