Hollywood news and entertainment photographers David Buchan and Leigh Green have pooled their talents and years of photography experience launching PrettyThingPictures.com. Friends since their photojournalism college days back in their native England, the two Brits use their photojournalism skills to guarantee that the photos of your wedding will be recorded as a Royal occasion. Their wedding photos have been featured in Celebrity Bride Guide, The Hollywood Reporter, Out Magazine and soon to appear in the pages of The Knot.
From the frenzy of the wedding trenches, Dave and Leigh want to share with our readers their five savvy tips for a bride’s flawless wedding look. And I know what you are thinking…how can two guys know anything about make up? Well, these two photogs said, “When you are in the business of making people look beautiful, you pick up a few tricks.”
Five make up essentials to create that flawless wedding look:
1. Primer – Laura Mercier foundation primer radiance is pretty much the gold standard for brides. This primer not only smoothes evenly on skin but has a luminous sheen that adds an inner glow to already radiant brides.
2. Foundation – Cinema Secrets – I stumbled onto this place when my mum visited from England, tripped in a parking lot and ended up looking bruised and battered with a black eye. The makeup artist at this small Toluca Lake store transformed her into looking even better than before she toppled over that cement barrier. This store, it turns out, is actually television and Los Angeles industry professionals little secret. The pot foundation used here, applied with a damp sponge sprayed with their silicon spray, goes on smoothly and covers up any and all imperfections. And, best of all, the prices are unbelievably reasonable.
3. Powder – Many powders can be heavy and aging and leave a dull finish. But we found that Make Up Forever High Definition Powder is not only colorless but doesn’t weigh skin down. It does just what a powder is supposed to do – remove excess shine.
4. Liner – My wife just discovered Loreal Paris Blackbuster Superliner and she promptly ditched all the other smudgy, hard to apply eyeliners she had. We often notice that most brides just line the top of the lid drawing out the eye and leave the bottom fresh looking. This one applies easily – think a thick magic marker foam tip – and the best part is it doesn’t come off until you take it off. The last thing you want to worry about on your wedding day is reapplying eye makeup.
5. Highlighting – Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder and Guerlain Precious Light rejuvenating illuminator – Both of these products are great for under the eyes adding an invisible lightening boost and hiding any last minute imperfections.
Add blush, mascara, your signature lipstick, and you are ready to walk down the aisle.
Thanks for the guy tips David and Leigh!