For the last 36 years, the massive philanthropic and gastronomic event in LA has raised funds to benefit the education and healthcare initiatives of Planned Parenthood Los Angeles, including life-saving cancer screenings, birth control, and STD testing and treatment. Last year, PPLA provided over 270,000 patient visits throughout Los Angeles County.
Next week Food Fare 2015 will feature over 100 LA restaurants, caterers, wineries, breweries, vendors, auctions, raffles and more to continue this much needed support for Planned Parenthood. Attendees will enjoy unlimited food and drink while supporting a good cause. Did you know Food Fare began in 1979 with a cooking demonstration by Julia Child and has grown over the last 36 years to become one of Los Angeles’ oldest and most celebrated food events?
On Thursday, March 5, attendees can indulge in gourmet bites as they shop for unique goods and vie for once-in-a-lifetime experiences and rare wines and spirits at the historic Barker Hangar in Santa Monica.
This fun and relaxing atmosphere will also provide an opportunity to shop for everything from art, jewelry and handbags to home décor, cashmere throws, gourmet salts and kids’ fashion.
Some of the exciting packages and experiences that are up for grabs this year include:
- Fine Wines & Spirits Silent Auction – The fine wines & spirits silent auction will feature unique and collectable vintages, including a 1995 Petrus Pomeral and premium spirits, including Camus Cognac XO. Take home wine from Ridge Vineyards, St. Supery Estate Vineyards & Winery, Herb Lamb Vineyards and Patz & Hall Winery.
- In-Home Cocktail Party for 20 – Host a cocktail party at home catered by our 2015 Chefs of the Year, Brooke Williamson and Nick Roberts of Playa Provisions, Hudson House and The Tripel.
- Five Nights in the City of Lights – Experience France in an unforgettable week-long stay in a gorgeous private apartment in Paris.
- Wine Tasting and Vineyard Tour for 8 – Enjoy a private wine tasting and tour of the Ridge Vineyards in Napa.
- Maui Travel Package –Find white sand beaches, lush tropical gardens and sun-soaked tranquility with this trip package for four nights at the Four Seasons Resort in Maui.
- New York City Travel Package – Visit the big apple for two nights at the San Carlos Hotel in New York City.
- Royal Tea at the Peninsula Hotel for 4 – Discover the perfect staycation by enjoying a one night stay and the Royal Tea at The Peninsula.
- Dodger Suite Package – Come and invite some friends to cheer on the Los Angeles Dodgers from a suite with this package that includes 20 tickets, food and 10 parking passes.
- Lakers Game 4-pack – Support the Los Angeles Lakers as they play against the New Orleans Pelicans on April 1, 2015. This package includes 4 tickets (14 rows from floor) and valet parking.
- Golf Packages – Enjoy a round of golf at some of the best courses in Los Angeles including Mountain Gate, Spanish Hills, El Caballero and Wilshire Country Club.
- Food Fare All Year Long – Indulge in the best of gastronomic Los Angeles with a year’s worth of gift certificates from some of Southern California’s best restaurants.