Yours Truly considered one of Los Angeles’s best new restaurants of 2019 by Los Angeles Magazine, expands to weekday lunch in 2020. Helmed by Executive Chef/Partner Vartan Abgaryan, this newcomer to Abbot Kinney known for its seasonal modern California cuisine for dinner and brunch is now open on Venice Beach for a daytime feast Monday – Friday from 11:30 – 2:30 pm.
Chef Abgaryan who just helmed Outstanding in the Field in Malibu as a guest chef continues to tantalize guests with his veteran fine dining techniques in this chilled-out relaxed eatery with dishes that reflect the diversity of LA. As a native Angeleno of Armenian heritage, Abgaryan’s goal is to make Yours Truly “a love letter to L.A.” with fun plated foods hinting at elements of numerous cuisines – from Armenian, Mexican, Italian, American ‘southern’ and Japanese.
“We’ve put our heart and soul into Yours Truly and to see that love reciprocated by the city is incredibly humbling, to say the least,” says Abgaryan. “I always cook from my heart; with Yours Truly, I am energized by making thoughtful creations with my heritage in mind as well as the city’s myriad of cultural influences.”
The eatery offers a small patio space out front and an intimate room in the back for communal dining while the cute cafe fills up quickly. Here’s the LaLaScoop – dishes that excited us the most in that order of OH WOW:
- Nashville Hot Shrimp Sandwich with garlicky slaw, pickled mustard seeds and dill aioli ($18)
- Crispy Cauliflower with yuzu kosho, bagna cauda, parmesan, and lime ($13)
- Rice Bowl with peanut pistu, cilantro, xo sauce, crispy shallots, egg yolk, smoked soy, lime ($18)
- Castlefranco with apple, date, garlic, dill, candied walnut, and blue cheese ($15)
- Corn Waffle with smoked salmon, jalapeno scallion cream cheese ($15)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Club with pepper jack cheese, bacon, tomato, and spicy mustard ($17)
- A classic Dry-Aged Burger with cheddar, caramelized onion, pickles, LTO, and hand-cut fries ($19)
Chef Abgaryan, formerly of 71 Above, Cliff’s Edge, Public Kitchen & Bar, joins partner Paul Pruitt (Founder of boutique hospitality group New School) and Dave Reiss (formerly of Salt Air) to add to Abbott Kinney’s ultimate inventive dining scene and America’s coolest block, just blocks from the beach.
Dine with inspiration. Yours Truly, Los Angeles.
1616 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Venice, CA 90291