The Sweet Summer Watermelon Salad recipe from the Tone It Up Girls!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups of watermelon, cubed
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red-onion
- 1 cucumber, sliced & halved
- 2 cups of arugula
- Bunch of fresh mint, julienned
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese or crumbled tofu
- 3/4 cup of high quality balsamic vinegar
Directions: Start by heating the vinegar in a pan over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes, or until it reduces to a thick, syrup-like consistency. When making reductions, it’s always best to use a shallow pan and to keep it uncovered. Once desired thickness has been reached, remove from heat and allow to cool. Meanwhile, add all remaining ingredients together in a bowl and you’re set! Drizzle with room temperature reduction immediately before serving.
Thanks for helping us Tone It Up, Girls!