Fashion for Breakfast had another amazing guest last week, Allure Magazine’s West Coast Contributing Beauty Editor Kelly Atterton. At 9 AM the room was filled with lovely LA fashionistas, beauty experts, social media mavens, writers, stylists, and more at Cecconi’s in West Hollywood. While the outside of Cecconi’s was getting a major revamp for one of the biggest Emmy’s parties that same night, we were enjoying breakfast over our new Allure Beauty Box while learning the career journey Kelly Atterton faced in the 80s and 90s at Conde Naste in New York. Her father’s advice for working in a new office – Give the people you work with at least at year before you start making any judgments about them or talking about them.
Now a working mom with 3 kids, listen to her inspirational career advice.
What beauty trends do you see for fall?
Kelly shared most beauty trends come from the runway.
1) Bold makeup! Strong lips in shades like violet, ombre, red.
2) Big full brows. Don’t pluck em.
3) Hair with intention. Textured, big and bouncy, wavy, side parted, or even a 70s look.
What beauty tricks can one do at home?
1) Make brows fuller or dye them if you want, if you don’t want to do a bold lip color.
2) Don’t take on too many trends at once.
3) Put up hair. Try a top knot, a low ponytail, or a sleek side part.
4) Use nude sticks for contouring or use them to blend for a smoky eye.
BEAUTY IS EVERY DAY. – Kelly Atterton
For more #ffb, see past guests.